Monday, November 22, 2010

Computer running very slowly.....please help?

my computer (laptop actually) is running very slowly. it was ok (still slow) before i updated my McAfee virus software,but once i updated it,it began to take up to 15 minutes to fully start up.also,i can no longer manually de-frag my computer,mcafee does it for me...however i have not noticed a change in my computers speed.



when windows virtual memory is too low, it gives me an option to delete old files and stuff,and it scans it,does anyone know how to do this without thel ittle bubble telling me to?





does anyone know how to make my laptop run faster?



also, i have windows live messenger,but my computer started making that go reallllly slow,so atm im re-installing it,and making sure i click 'allow acess' lol



can anyone help me?



(its only a few years old,has broadband,and is always connected to the power)Computer running very slowly.....please help?
I use a laptop as well - thus - Questions in return



Is McAfee set to scan at start-up?

I'd almost be willing to bet it is and if so, there's your problem.

With every thing else that launches at start up - a scan is the last thing ya need.

A note on de-frag. You can still de-frag via system tools but make sure everything is turned off as anything running in the background will confuse (for lack of a better term) de-frag and it will attempt to start over from the beginning (I just hate that burning feeling I get from endless looping).

You almost mention age of computer, what do you have for expanded memory? It might be time to add or upgrade.

(edited answer to include this) - as this added memory ';space'; would help your virtual memory problem.

Live messenger has a few problems... so re-install... might not help as much as you'd hope.

Well... hope that helps

Take careComputer running very slowly.....please help?
try to restart it
download this free program, fix ya right up. http://iobit.com/. (advanced windows care). Good luck. Mikie.
Hi,

I don't trust McAfee, I used to installed in my computer, once I removed it, my whole computer break down and need to intall Window again. It look like a virus itself. I use Norton.

By the way, try to put in your Windows installation disk and repair your windows.

good luck.
use system restore...



start%26gt;all programs%26gt;accessorys%26gt;systme tools%26gt;system restore



select 'i want to restore my computer to an earlyer time'



then select before you updated mcafe



mcCafe is the type of program (like norton) that tells you to update, if you dont they will send you a virus that your current mcCafe (or norton) cant detect and will crash your computer...

try Kasperski(dont know how to spell it) its a Russan antivirus (ironicly) russans are notorious for hacking and craking software and developing viruses, they finaly made somthing to help you. its very nice. im using it for ages and happy. if you do use it be aware the computer makes a funny scream when it finds a virus.







oh and, my friend installed norton on his MAC computer... he didnt update it, his MAC screwed up from a virus within a week...a MAC, have you ever heard of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment