Monday, November 22, 2010

These 2 messages keep appearing?

1. ';Default search change attempt blocked.';

2. ';Virtual memory low.';

PLEASE tell me more about these issues and how to clean it up. VERY slow and keeps freezing up.

Thank you!

(Step by step in english please!)These 2 messages keep appearing?
The first one usually means that something is trying to change your internet home page. To solve this run a good virus scan (mcafee or norton or f-secure) and also run an antispyware program like spysweeper and Hitman Pro.



For the seccond error that you are getting check to see how much space is left on your hard drive to do that right click on the start menu and select explore. Right click on the C: Drive and go to properties. you should now see a pie chart that has Blue and Pink in it. across from the blue it show how much of your hard drive is used and beside the pink it shows how much free space there is. Above the pie chart it says capacity for you hard drive. Depending on how big your harddrive is you want to make sure that the used space isn't the size of the harddrive. (eg harddrive capacity=20GB and used space=19.4Gb then there is a problem)



If there is too much blue then what you want to do is clear up some space on your computer by deleting stuff off of it. You then want to do a defragmentation. to do a defrag one the window that has the pie chart click on the tools tab and select defrag.



Hope that helpsThese 2 messages keep appearing?
1. ';Default search change attempt blocked.';

means your AV or antispware program block an attemt to hijack your explorer.



.2. ';Virtual memory low.';

mean you need to do a clean up:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

http://www.download.com/Advanced-Windows
http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-soft



Follow the instructions on this page should sort out your problem, let me know if its works.
you should be able just to clean up your memory and fix that.
I agree with Sly. You may also need more RAM...
Don't know first one.



Second one you may need to defragment your system and get rid of cookies and spam and various bits of unwanted stuff from the C drive. How to do that depends on whether you have Vista, or Windows XP, or older.
I agree with the others. I also don't know about #1, but you can get in touch with me if you need help with #2.
I am quite sorry my dear but I am lost on both of these points. I just wanted to stop by and say ';Good Morning';, or is it almost ';Good Afternoon';. I cannot believe it is Thursday already. I haven't gotten hardly anything done this week because my Granddaughter has been sick on top of everything thing else. When she cannot go to daycare I take care of her here in the my home office which means I really cannot get much done. She is my heart and soul of course. I cannot ';chat'; because I will get a violation. Wish I could help you. I truly don't know!!!
  • my first job interview
  • games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment