Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I solve my computer reboot error issue?

My computer is constantly rebooting automatically and shows a serious error message when its on again. It's really driving me crazy and I've already tried doing the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317277 workaround:

You can solve this problem by recreating the pagefile. To re-create the pagefile, follow these steps:



1. Click Start.

2. Right-click My Computer.

3. Click Properties.

4. On the Advanced tab, in the Performance section, click Settings.

5. In the Virtual Memory section, click Change.

6. For Paging file size for selected drive, click No Paging File, and then click Set.

7. Click Yes after the following warning appears:

If the paging file on volume X: has an initial size of less than xx megabytes, then the system may not be able to create a debugging information file if a STOP error occurs. Continue anyway?



(X is the drive letter and xx is the amount of RAM installed on your computer minus 1 megabyte.)

8. Click System Managed Size.

9. Click OK four times, and then restart the computer when you are prompted.



(^ It doesn't help at all..)

I've tried to install the service pack but its far from the latest, being the 2004 service patch and I can't find any more current help and support topics.



Please help!How do I solve my computer reboot error issue?
Have you tried startup repair already?

If not look here for windows XP:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-re



Or look here for Windows vista:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorial



Don't know a good link for windows 7 but i am sure it is similar process.Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully. Send me a message to let me know how it goes.I'll try to help you the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment