Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How to increase the Virtual Memory of a Pentium lll labtop-Help please?

I have this Pentioum lll 128mb labtop. The are practically no programs installed in it, yet, everytime I want to do something it keeps showing this window telling me that there is no enough virtual memory. I have looked into System and at Virtual Memory. There it says that the Paging File Size is 192-381. What numbers should I write/change there to increase the Virtual Memory. Thanks so much for any help/answers.How to increase the Virtual Memory of a Pentium lll labtop-Help please?
I would suggest with so little real memory you consider upgrading virtual memory to a size of 1024 to 4096. This may or may not bring the relief you are looking for, but if you have the disk space available on a notebook PC of that age, it won't hurt.



In addition, you might want to check out the low cost of entry level laptops today. Some of them are in the $400 to $500 USD range.



Good luck!How to increase the Virtual Memory of a Pentium lll labtop-Help please?
upgrading is the best option...I guess you are using a 133Mhz SDRAM and those sticks are pretty rare and expensive nowadays...hmm, try increasing both of them..it would only increase you virtual memory but not the performance since virtual memory is HDD based ';RAM';

No comments:

Post a Comment