Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What should my virtual RAM memory be?

It is showing at 768mg which is the memory I used to have. I removed the smaller 256 and added 1gb so now I have 1.5 gb or Ram. What should the virtual memory be? And how do I change it so that it doesn't default back to 768?What should my virtual RAM memory be?
When you install Windows the system sets up your Virtual Memory to about 1陆 times the size of your RAM. It also takes into account the size of your Hard Disc drive and allows approx 10% of it's free space size.



First thing is to not to have too many programs open at once. Although you not actually using them they are running in the background and taking the RAM's resources which then overspills into the virtual memory.



Another way to help is if you right click on My Computer 鈻?Properties 鈻?Advanced 鈻?Performance 鈻?Advanced 鈻?Virtual Memory 鈻?Change the button setting to ';System Managed Size'; 鈻?Click on Set 鈻?Apply %26amp; OK 鈻?The system will now ask you to reboot for the settings to take effect 鈻?Click on OK.



This now allows the system to be flexable and can adjust the Virtual Memory as required with out being fixed between two parameters.



Also you should fit RAM strips in identical pairs not bits like your doing.What should my virtual RAM memory be?
There is a good article here on what to look for in a PC, including RAM



Hope it helps



http://fastpcmods.com/hardware/what-to-look-for-in-a-pc

No comments:

Post a Comment