Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Every time I play a game, it says I don't have enough virtual memory. How do I add more and how much?

I have gone to Help and Support and it tells me how to change the size of my virtual memory but it doesn't say how much to put it on. Can someone tell me what number to put in the box? I like to play online games but I keep having this problem. Thanks for any help.Every time I play a game, it says I don't have enough virtual memory. How do I add more and how much?
Virtual Memory is RAM, and you need to buy that at Best Buy or another local electronics store. It's the easiest computer part to get, and the easiest to install. No drivers or anything. Just find a picture of a RAM stick, open up your computer and find something similar. Take it out and bring it to the store so the clerks have something to compare it to, since RAM has 4 million different slot configurations, and expecting to get on that will fit in your computer without comparison will get you screwed out of 50+ bucks. If you aren't confident you can't do it yourself, then find someone else to do it for you.



^ All that is basically useless if you are using a laptop or mac.



The paging file is what it asks you to change. Just put, like, 2000 in both the boxes under custom and save, reset, and you should be good to go. If it doesn't do anything, you're going to need to spend money.Every time I play a game, it says I don't have enough virtual memory. How do I add more and how much?
Virtual memory is RAM. You have to go to a store and buy sticks of RAM.

How much depends on how much you have right now. You really don't need more than 2GB.

No comments:

Post a Comment