Saturday, November 20, 2010

What settings should i put in for my virtual memory?

I have 4GB RAM however i have 32bit XP so I can only address 3582MB of it



500GB HDD



and the settings are currently set to:



Initial Size: 2046MB

Max Size: 4092MB



I've heard that changing these can dramatically improve performance but am not sure how true this is

any help?What settings should i put in for my virtual memory?
Getting the values wrong can seriously slow your PC :(



Leave Windows to sort it out for you...



HTHWhat settings should i put in for my virtual memory?
rule of thumb is 1.5x of installed ram min/max same
Just leave it alone. There are many things you can do to customise Windows and there are some things you should leave well alone. This is the latter
  • games
  • small myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment