Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I change the Paging File size of my computer's virtual memory?

When I start my computer, there is an error message saying ';Your virtual memory is very low. You have no paging file or the paging file size is too small...';



But when I try to change the paging file size in the control panel%26gt;system%26gt;advanced%26gt;virtual memory%26gt;advanced settings, I am unable to do so. The problem persist howsoever I change it.



Due to this problem I am unable to open more than a single window at a time. Whenever I try to open more windows, or open a heavy file like a video etc. on the Internet, all windows just close down.



What can I do? Any suggestions please?How do I change the Paging File size of my computer's virtual memory?
Upgrade your ram, when you run out of ram your system starts using your hard drive as a temporary ram basically. If you do not upgrade your ram you are looking at alot of wear n tear on your hard drive and may have to buy a new one. Eliminate some of the applications you have running that should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment