Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I clear my Laptops ';Virtual Memory';? I keep getting a Warning saying that my ';Virtual Memory'; is low?

I have a Toshiba A75-S229 Laptop, and I have no idea how to clear my Computers virtual memory? I cleared the website pages, Cookies and unused web stuff... But the warning is still coming up regularly. I wanted to do a system restore as well but it says that the system restore ';cant make any changes'; the settings are all accurate for system restore, but it still isnt working.



Is there anything I can do from home to fix these problems before I have to take it to to a Computer repair shop?? Please help!!??



on a side note, I live in Portland, Oregon- does anyone know of a good place to take it so I can have My laptop back? How much do repairs normally cost?



Thank you everyone for the help/ assistance.How do I clear my Laptops ';Virtual Memory';? I keep getting a Warning saying that my ';Virtual Memory'; is low?
my desk top computer does that occasionally, i can usually clear the problem by simply restarting the computer, and then de-fragyour hard drive.How do I clear my Laptops ';Virtual Memory';? I keep getting a Warning saying that my ';Virtual Memory'; is low?
It sounds like you just need to clear some hard disk space on your main drive (likely C:)



If you don't have enough space on your hard drive, there's only so much defragging can do. Do you have at least 10% free disk space?
restart.
you need to increase the size of your virtual memory,



click start- then right click my computer, select properties, then click the advanced tab, click the performance button, then the advenced tab, then in the virtual memory box click change, click custom size, then type 600 in each of the boxes, apply and ok your way out, restart and you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment