Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I Optimize my Virtual Memory on Windows XP?

Well I'm just trying to figure out a way to increase my fps on Computer Games. When I first got this computer it had amazing fps, and over the years it sort of wear'ed down I guess. I have reformatted a few times in the past to help fix this issue, but nowadays it hardly does anything.



So I have been Trying to lower as many settings on my

computer as possible to get best performance. Like

for example in the ';System Properties, Advanced,

Performance, under the Visual Effects tab';. I also

noticed the whole Virtual Memory thingie, and I was

wondering what I should do to maximize its use

for games. I hear changing it doesn't do much, but

I'll take whatever I can get.



I'm currently running Windows XP with 2GB RAM (it says 1.99gb on system properties), 2 drives on my HD (Drive C:System Drive, 29.2gb max size) (Drive D: 78.1 Max size), and like 40gb of unused HD space.



So if you know what I should enter in the paging size thingie or know anything else I could do to enhance performance without spending money or adding stuff to my computer

like more RAM that I really cant afford, I would much

appreciate it.



Also no need to ask me I have a clean/well maintained

computer and whatnot. I just recently reformatted and have

Comodo Firewall, Ad-aware, Avira Antivirus, Superantispyware,

along with lots of other security programs. Along with

Ccleaner, Revo Uninstaller, Defrag on both drives. So I'm

sure to keep my computer cleaned out of all types of

crap and defrag'd on a weekly basis.



So please if you know anything else I can do to enhance I

would EXTREEEEEEEEMLY appreciate it. And if you

need any other info about my computer to help me, just

let me know.



*Also if you're going to tell me something, please put it in step

by step format, as I'm sure I won't understand entirely*How do I Optimize my Virtual Memory on Windows XP?
First: The visual effect doesn't really affect performance for gamer.



I am sure that the thing slows down your computer is that you employ too many guards on your computer. This will slow down data transfer in memory, create more interrupt, and makes your CPU work harder.



Second: More RAM wouldn't help you, since XP won't run better if you install more than 2GB RAM.



Reduce your running tasks. When no programs running, press Ctrl-Alt-Del, and watch at task bar, how many proccesses currently running. If there are more than 35 or more than 40 processes, you mus uninstall several anti virus/anti spyware.

Use only one good anti virus, and one good anti spyware. 3rd party firewall is an option, but if you already have one security suite and update them, that was enough.



Third: Changing virtual memory in better way.



You already have 2GB RAM, I would reccomend you to sets virtual memory not too large. You can sets to 1000MB (Both minimum and Maximum).

The better is sets virtual memory to other phisycal drive, 1000MB is enough, and sets at boot drive (C:) sets min and max equal to 384 or 512MB.



Four: Install some performance tweaking program.



I reccomend: CachemanXP. You can find this program at.

http://www.outertech.comHow do I Optimize my Virtual Memory on Windows XP?
Have you used the Ubuntu Linux it is fast to.

Look at is on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_ty
In order to optimize you virtual memory just go to ';My Computer Icon'; then right click on it then select properties the windows will display and choose the ';Advance tab''; click the performance setting then it will pop up. After than choose the another ';advance tab'; then change the virtual memory.
The problem is Microsoft will not spend a whole lot of money on Software updates.



Why they are on the urge of retiring XP that OS.



So what does this mean the update you are getting are old, old updates will slow the system down.



And then it becomes vulnerable to open software infections, the problem is people do not take time to read those updates and find out their dates. Service pack three is only a collection of the last few years of updates. THE Company is launching new operating systems so they will not spend money on something they are looking forward to retiring.



Take time out and read the material that is going into your system. you will be surprised to find out those updates are out of date.

No comments:

Post a Comment