Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I improve the DMVT system of my 945 intel chipset?

I have an aspire 4710z, 1024 Mb ram, but I am having problems to run games that require more virtual memory. Doing some research I could find out that this DMVT determines how much phisical memory is dislocated to virtual memory. While running the aplication(Medieval II total war) the virtual memory was only 36 Mb. I tried to change the settings on the bios and fixed the virtual memory to 128Mb but it did not resolved my problems. I am starting to think that the game use most of the physical memory and left nothing to the virtual. I could use some help...and sorry for my english, I am brazilian.How do I improve the DMVT system of my 945 intel chipset?
First of all, you have to take into consideration that this is a LAPTOP and not a GAMING desktop. Second of all you can raise your virtual memory from within the operating system. It is an advanced feature mind you. It is the properties of my computer. Just right click My Computer -%26gt; Properties -%26gt; Advanced Tab -%26gt; Performance area, Settings, -%26gt; Advanced Tab -%26gt; Bottom Button, Change -%26gt; then configure it from there.



If you do NOT know what you are doing then DO NOT do anything. You WILL damage your computer and/or make it NOT function properly anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment