Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I get at least 16MB virtual memory for the CD Drive?

I am trying to play an old game: Triple Play 99. Just installed it. When opening, it displays an error message saying it needs at least 16MB virtual memory. In My Computer Properties, I have changed the settings to ';Let computer choose memory settings'; and restarted and have also set it to like 1600MB virtual memory. There is plenty of RAM, loads of virtual memory, every regular new game and software works great, I am running XP. Maybe the game is too old? Why is it so stupid? There is plenty of memory for it.



Maybe I have to add virtual memory to the CD Drive?? How? Problem is when I go to the virtual memory area, only the C and F drives are listed. My CD/DVD Drives are D and E and they are not listed so how do I put them on the list to give them virtual memory?



Any other solutions to getting this game to work? I really want to play it!How do I get at least 16MB virtual memory for the CD Drive?
You don't need to, aren't able to, and don't want to add virtual memory to the CD drive.



I don't really think the problem is with virtual memory, even though the error message says that.How do I get at least 16MB virtual memory for the CD Drive?
There is no way to change virtual memory for a CD/DVD ROM drive.

It is most definately another problem, try this... rightclick the shortcut to the game and go into properties, then click the Compatibility tab at the top and run it in compatibilty mode for windows98.

No comments:

Post a Comment